Pages

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Day 125-126-127 and 128

I have left my blog for few days now as some very sad and very unexpected events have happened. For days I felt I was at the loss to what to do. Our 365 group has regular projects together on Sundays and I was excited to do that but then life just floored me and I could't find any creative energy.
Today is the first day I have felt like going into my studio and working. As loss is on the forefront of my mind I created this series of images. This is the shadow hare from Watership Down. When I was a child I saw the cartoon on the telly and the black hare has never left my psyche. When I think about death this is the image that comes to me. But it is not an un-pleasent image, it is more ambiguous one. A mixed message of unknowing, fear and comfort. I asked my husband once, how is it that we don't know what happens after death. Because then we would not have the motivation to choose between good and bad, he replied:)





No comments:

Post a Comment