Pages

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Day 86: Easter-y decorations

I wish I truly was a domestic goddess who could whip up some home made fabulous easter decorations. What I managed is to hand paint some bunting images (photo1) and that took me 2 hours! There are like ten or so of them but still..and that was supposed to be fun for kids. So I quickly gave up any ambitions regards to home mede decorations and put up the rest of shop bought items. 
Now, we don't celebrate easter normally but when I was a kid it was a big celebration and a lot of fun and it happens so that my step-grandkids are coming so we have some fun planned- enter pinata.
It sort of doesn't really go with easter theme, I think it's more for olympics being all blue, white and red  but it was too good of an opportunity to miss.

So there will be a treasure hunt with some hidden treasures and clues in the garden. Then the hunt will go back into the house and backout in the garden where pinata is going to appear and hopefully there will be a shower of easter eggs:) Kids are 5 and 3 so we really hope they will enjoy it. I will let you know. 
They arrive this afternoon and the showdown is on thursday... 






2 comments:

  1. Pretty chicks & bunnies! I hope you have a great time with your extended family for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats so nice!
    Happy Easter to you! :))

    ReplyDelete