Pages

Saturday 3 March 2012

Day 56: Months of labour

were going to end on this day as I have been knitting this coat for ages and I am not a very experienced knitter. So I only had edging to do and worked away on it yesterday and for about three hours today and the just as I was about to start the final row...I run out of yarn :(


Now I know there is a skein of this yarn left somewhere in the house, but my cat has hidden it, neither me or my husband have been able to find it...I'm sure she is a monkey in disguise...

3 comments:

  1. Naughty cat!!!
    You did well with all those cables.
    Do you use Ravelry? There's a group there for searching for yarn
    http://www.ravelry.com/groups/iso-and-destash-of-yarn
    - assuming your cat's not handed it over
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i do use ravelry, as miss poppy (my two cat's names combined, original i know). It's very good, are you on there? It shouldn' t be a problem finding yarn as it is popular and the shade is popular as well. I knitted a shrug not so long ago in discontinued yaen but was lucky enough to find it in a local shop, it' s mainly parting with 9 quid when i know Missy has hidden it...i will find it whrn we move iguess. Anyway, that coat was really fun to knit and i only got one end of a cable wrong but i am not undoing it for that. I will see it as my first major project. It' s not bad seeing that i started it with three months worth of knitting experience, reckon it must be past life recollection ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo for knitting this so early in your knitting career!

    ReplyDelete