Pages

Saturday 24 March 2012

Day75: Oil painting Thursday

Today was THE day of fur painting and that went nowhere...I tried a bit on back paws but everything I got is fuzz so I sort of gave up on that point. My painting tutor didn't really know what to suggest either so it will be another day with youtube learning. First I will have to get back definition I lost by my failed attempts. Hopefully I can do that and shrink it back a bit as everything tends to get bigger and bigger with more layers of paint. 


Having made a bad job on that I went on to my second painting - the Queen, as archetype rather then a particular person. I am following advice from a book on old painting techniques so I am adding colors one at time. The face is now ready for skin tones while the collar, the part I really like I am trying to build up from light and shadows. This, by the way, is a fashion photography I am painting from. I have another two photos and if everything goes well i would like to make three paintings.




No comments:

Post a Comment