Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Day 73: Home made dream catcher

My sleeping patterns are a bit erratic to say the least. I have been bordering on insomniac for few years but now I am much better, although certain periods it goes back to very few restful hours of sleep. I also get funny dreams, often dreaming about people I don't recognise, watching from the side what they are up to. Sometimes I go through whole adventures like film plots but I can never remember them fully, so no block buster there ...


I also get nightmares, often I am back in a space where I have perceived myself as happy but in the dream becomes a place of nightmare. Mostly I tend to forget my life at the moment and think I am back in time. And then there are some rally bad ones but I'm not going into that. Anyway, when I woke up this morning after night of half sleep, I got a thought in my mind, saying dreamcatcher. I took it means I should make one, so I have.

Not one afraid of improvisation I rounded up stuff from my stash, some old ribbon (£1.50, I knew it would come handy), half of an embroidery hoop (the other half is missing), some paint, a piece of yellow string I had forever, rose quartz a friend given us and some feathers collected from walks.






YouTube being my crafty friend I saw a tutorial and turns out, not that hard. Colors are blue and yellow for sky, red for earth, stone is for earth as well and channeling of dream energy and feathers are for trickster, Hermes, messenger between earth and sky. Thanks husband for helping me with wrappping string around feathers and sorting the stone out.

1 comment:

  1. Very lovely dream catcher. I hope you sleep well and have sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete